MJS can offer domain name registration with full web design from a customer's idea to finished site including full hosting/email, using pure HTML, MySQL (database) and PHP. We don't use ASP as all Microsoft products are unreliable and not suitable for a live server or web site environment (look at what Facebook/Ebay/WikiPedia/Google use for their web servers).
Active databases can be built, allowing site viewers to search on content or even add their own input. Flash can be implemented to get that stunning attention grabbing display.
Click here for bargain websites.
CMS - Content Management System
Here at MJS we have created our own Content Management System, where a What You See Is What You Get web based interface allows you to edit the site content yourself.
We are also very familiar with Joomla which is suited to large corporate sites, Moodle for eLearning and OpenCart for small to large on-line shops.
We have designed several on-line shops with shopping baskets allowing customers to purchase directly on-line.
Key features of our eCommerce sites:
- Stock loaded from CSV file (as outputted from MS Excel or any other spread sheet package)
- Stock output in a format suitable for uploading to Ebay or Ebid auction sites
- On-line invoicing systems
- Multiple options for any single stock item (e.g. colour, size, style)
- Internal rich text email system with automated emails and mailing list emails (customers have can opt out of mailing list)
- PDF invoice and delivery notes (in addition to on-screen HTML versions)Order table, showing orders by status (currently unpaid, paid and shipped)
- User account system where the user enters their details and the account needs to be verified by the user clicking on a link in an email
- Password reminder system
- Information page editor with WYSIWYG edit software so pages can be edited from a browser
- Image manipulation to water-mark pictures and rescale thumbnails
- Stock editing and tagging (tags to set an item as discounted or featured)
- Multiple branding - the same stock can be sold on several site, each branded as it's own shop
- Linking stock to on-line auction sites
- Friends rate - as part of the user account management, regular customers can be set as friends to receive a discount on all orders
- Automated discounts - linked to total spent on goods and applied to the user account for the next order
- Checkout for PayPal and other credit card systems
Website Plugins or Sub-sites
We have created a range of plugins/sub-sites for existing sites, including but not limited to:
- iPad - Simple notes in electronic format available from anywhere with internet access. Keep electronic notes on jobs, contacts, clients
- Invoicer - Web based invoicing allowing instant issuing of invoices while on at a clients premises
- Downloader - A simple upload and management suite allowing easy maintenance of your downloads page
- Photo Store - Upload your images and they will have thumbnails generated the first time they are viewed
- Photoblog - Similar to Photo Store, but it allows you to put comments on each photo pr group of photos. Ideal for sharing holiday snaps while you are away
- PDF Output - Output web based documents in PDF format
- Calendar - Integrate Google Calendars into your site